ARES Net Announcement
The ARES voice net will be held on the UHF repeater every 3rd Monday of each month except on major holidays or emergencies. 442.050 MHz, Positive (+) 5.0 offset, PL Tone 88.5 Hz.
Welcome to the online home of WC4RG, the Walton County Repeater Group.
The Walton County Repeater Group is an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The objectives of the Walton County Repeater Group shall be as defined in the Federal Communications Commission’s Rules and Regulations Part 97 §97.1:
(a) Recognition and enhancement of the value of the amateur service to the public as a voluntary noncommercial communication service, particularly with respect to providing emergency communications,
(b) Continuation and extension of the amateur’s proven ability to contribute to the advancement of the radio art,
(c) Encouragement and improvement of the amateur service through rules which provide for advancing skills in both the communications and technical phases of the art,
(d) Expansion of the existing reservoir within the amateur radio service of trained operators, technicians, and electronics experts, and
(e) Continuation and extension of the amateur’s unique ability to enhance international goodwill.
These objectives will be exercised by the promotion of interest in amateur radio communication and experimentation, the relaying of messages by radio without charge, the furtherance of radio amateur participation in civic events, providing training in the radio art, conducting volunteer examination sessions, the maintenance of fraternalism and a
high standard of conduct among its members, and the promotion of such other activities as are called for and allied with the above objectives.
It shall be the policy of the Group to associate with other local, national and international non-commercial amateur radio societies of kindred aims in furtherance of the purpose stated above.
All persons interested in amateur radio shall be eligible for membership and, once accepted, a member shall have equal rights and privileges with all other members except as specifically prohibited by the By-Laws or by federal law and regulation.
Repeater Use Policy Summary
Click here to read the complete Repeater Use Policy
- Always identify yourself according to FCC regulations.
- Avoid lengthy conversations without pausing occasionally between transmissions.
- Always yield the frequency to a breaking station (any station with emergency traffic).
- Yield existing conversations to recognized activities: Weekly Nets, ARES, public service events, etc.
- Do not engage in political/religious soap boxing.
- Do not use the repeater for business purposes.
- Only “G” rated language.
- Do not respond to jamming or interfering stations.
- Do not link the repeater to any other networks or use it for digital modes beyond its intended digital voice mode.
- President – Mike Califf, K4RIG
- Vice President – Drew Keber, KK4CHP
- Secretary/Treasurer – Stan Edwards, WA4DYD
- Public Service Coordinator – Don Jones, K4GO
- Public Information Officer – Vacant
- Repeater Trustee – Drew Keber, KK4CHP
- Walton County ARES Emergency Coordinator – Stan Edwards, WA4DYD
- Skywarn Coordinator – Frank Hobbs, KN4QJ